Sunday, July 31, 2011

Canadiana

It seems somehow fitting that the very first sign I sold was part of my first order after returning from the US. The sign that started it all was my Canada~True, North, Strong and Free sign. For a long time I had looked for a primitive "Canadian themed" sign to decorate with on Canada Day, but was unable to find any. So I decided to paint my own. I contacted a stencil company based in Canada, and had her custom design it. After I painted it, I decided to try to sell some on ebay. Sure enough, it did. Not only did it sell, but it lead to my first wholesale order, 12 in all. The rest, as they say, is history. I now have several other Canada signs in my collection, some that I have yet to paint. It is no longer as difficult to find "Canadiana." Canadians have become much more overtly patriotic, perhaps because of the War in Afghanistan. We live in a wonderful country, one we should be proud of. Canadian flags and "Canadiana" are no longer solely limited to July. I for one am glad! I love our flag, I love the maple leaf, and barn red matches my decor perfectly!


"I read and learned and fretted more about Canada after I left than I ever did while I was home. I absorbed anything I could on topics that ranged from Folklore to history to political manifestos... I ranted and raved and seethed about things beyond my control. In short, I acted like a Canadian."~Will Ferguson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mon! So happy to see you blogging!!! Love the Canada sign...I can't wait to see more signs. It's August time to start thinking fall...

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete